Monday, March 19, 2012

Reading about eggs today

Note to self: Soft boiled eggs are healthier than scambled eggs, according to these articles. Number Two, find a local farmer's market type source for real free-range eggs (rather than trust a grocery store) once I have an income.

Number Three, I still say it looks like store-bought eggs are "whitewashed"

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/03/19/caged-vs-free-range-chicken-eggs.aspx?e_cid=20120319_DNL_art_1

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/06/08/why-you-dont-want-to-buy-organic-eggs-at-the-grocery-store-.aspx

I don't really know enough to recommend that above website, but it sounds like an intelligent resource (if taken with the requisite grain of salt).
Moreover, these are not new ideas to me, although I hadn't heard about the scrambled eggs bit.

1 comment:

  1. Funny, I just read the same about scrambled eggs a month or two ago. I think it's because they're fried, usually in butter, so it adds extra cholesterol and fat. I have thought about raising some chickens, I think it would be a good idea. And it would give Meeko and Chip some entertainment. :-D It'd be good for them to have something their own size for once, so they can't be the bullies!

    ReplyDelete