Thursday, March 18, 2010

JHW: Human Excrement for Burger King Wages

Job Hunt Woes:

It's a dirty job, but somebody's got to do it. Changing adult diapers, I mean. Bathing people. Dealing with some clients choose to masturbate whenever and wherever they please. But why do Burger King employees make higher wages? That's what I don't get. I mean, I know the reason: politics and government budgets and private company needs. But still.

My hope and expectation, though, is that after a while I will make a higher salary than Burger King due to the massive hours that are encouraged/required at group homes. If I don't, we will revisit this issue ;-)

I have finished by brief stint of paid training, and I start the actual job tonight, 11 pm to 9 am. Oy.

Such is life. I'm grateful for having a job, and I will deal. But that doesn't mean I can't bemoan the bad points.

1 comment: