http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=i8vfDUknWVo (GTCC program)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI2inCb0Wfs (Programming multi-axis)
http://www.selectbs.com/process-maturity/what-is-the-capability-maturity-model (CMM explained)
http://www.technologystudent.com/cam/cnccut1.html (CNC stands for?)
HAAS machine tools?
use CAM software?
to prepare programs for prototype and production run parts?
on multi-axis (including 5 axis) CNC controlled machines?
provide accurate tool description for “kitting” the job(s)?
preferably using GIBBS Cam?
Must be able to provide flat patterns for sheet metal work?
Proficient with GD&T and have a working knowledge of American National Standards (ANSI Y14.5)?
Operates CNC mill, wire and RAM EDM equipment?
CAM Software (Gibbs Cam and Bob Cad a plus)?
use of calipers, micrometers, gauge blocks, height gauges, etc..
Know Geometric Tolerances, and of DIN and ISO tolerances (Standard and Metric)?
Manual Machining, BPR/Metrology, CNC Turning, and CNC Milling
2 NIMS (National Institute for Metalworking Skills) Credentials.
Computer Integrated Machining vs CNC machinist vs CNC programmer vs "CMM/CNC Machinist" vs CMM technician vs CNC Turning Technician?
high volume CMM Inspection?
understanding GD&T inspection, hand gaging, and SPC in a manufacturing environment.
Ability to program CMM’s and a Romer Arm with Pcdmis 2011 mr1 CAD ++ is a plus?
drawing via GD&T, from drawing to CMM, to create a closed-loop process control system?
Proficient in speaking GD&T, specifically ASME Y14.5M and proper interpretation/evaluation, include education of others?
Desired experience in measurement uncertainty analysis, Gage R&R, Gage Design, and MSA?
Program, set-up and operate CNC Turning Centers?
CAD/CAM experience, milling experience a plus?
operate programs on a Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) at Caterpillar Axle Manufacturing (CAM) facility,
part drawing via GD&T and then translation from drawing to CMM technology to create a closed-loop process control system
Capability Maturity Model (CMM) broadly refers to a process improvement approach that is based on a process model.
CNC means Computer Numerical Control. This means a computer converts the design produced by Computer Aided Design software (CAD), into numbers.
This 18-21 week course includes:
Training in Manual Machining, BPR/Metrology, CNC Turning, and CNC Milling.
2 NIMS (National Institute for Metalworking Skills) Credentials.
An innovative Human Resources Development (HRD) component – enhance your job seeking skills with industry-specific training on interviewing, resume writing, communication, and more!
1331 NC Highway 66 S (0.3 mi)
1. Frank Hardee, ABCO Automation, Inc.
2. Shawn Meck, Caterpillar
3. Laverne Hibbett, ConvaTec
4. Barry Burkepile, Grass America
5. Matt Edwards, MSI – Machine Specialties, Inc.
6. Dick Thompson, Progressive Tool & Manufacturing
7. Dave Pinnix, Xceldyne/CV Products
CNC Programmer- Manufactured Parts
Atlantic Aero, Inc.- Kernersville, NC says:
SUMMARY: The main function of the CNC Programmer is to use CAM software to prepare programs for prototype and production run parts on multi-axis (including 5 axis) CNC controlled machines. This person will work with the planning department to provide optimal efficiency for part runs within parameters set by Management in order to have parts programmed and ready to run per established schedules. This is a non-exempt, full time, hourly position.
· Construct programs necessary to produce parts, tools and fixtures from provided drawings and models.
· Provide Set up sketches and tool lists for all part programs.
· Use standard tool list to provide accurate tool description for “kitting” the job(s).
· Provide information as required to purchasing to ensure necessary tools are on hand when part production begins.
· Develop innovative approaches to part machining in conjunction with Production Manager.
· Ensure programs issued with Production Package contain sufficient information to define operations, sequence of operations, and any notes normally associated with program information.
· Edit programs as necessary per Production Manager.
· Complete required paperwork including program records.
· Ensure that personal work station and equipment are cared for and used in a clean and safe manner.
· Operation of CNC machines as schedule demands.
· Follow safety practices, policies and procedures.
· Complete time card with proper codes.
· Assist with cost estimating as required.
· Perform functions of job as safely as possible.
· Active participant in Company drug and alcohol program.
· All other duties as required by the Company.
· Attend status meetings as determined by Manufacturing Manager.
· High School Diploma or G.E.D.
· At least five years CNC programming experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably using GIBBS Cam.
· Experienced at programming a variety of parts including machined parts with complex contours as well as sheet metal parts.
· Must be able to provide flat patterns for sheet metal work in the production package as requested.
· Proficient with GD&T and have a working knowledge of American National Standards (ANSI Y14.5).
· Ability to work to specifications with extremely high attention to detail.
· Ability to work on own with motivation to provide a quality product.
· Understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
· Extremely detail oriented.
Temporary Resourses says:
Temporary Resources currently has an opening for a CNC Machinists in the Kernersville Area. The position duties will be as follows:
•Studies specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models or descriptions, and visualizes product to determine materials required and machines needed to fabricate tooling.
•Sets up and operates machine tools such as, but not limited to, lathes, manual mills, grinders, saws, etc.
•Operates CNC mill, wire and RAM EDM equipment
•Creates CNC programs with CAM Software (Gibbs Cam and Bob Cad a plus)
•Verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications through the use of calipers, micrometers, gauge blocks, height gauges, etc..
•Operates from detailed blueprints yet able to conceptualize and fabricate specialty tooling and fixtures.
•Knowledge of metal characteristics and properties including heat-treating.
•Knowledge of Geometric Tolerances.
•Knowledge of DIN and ISO tolerances (Standard and Metric).
Position needs to be familiar with high volume CMM Inspection. Knowledge of reading complex prints, understanding GD & T inspection, hand gaging, Microsoft Office and SPC in a manufacturing environment. Must be able to setup and operate programs on a Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) at Caterpillar Axle Manufacturing (CAM) Winston-Salem facility. This position reports to the Quality Section Manager, but will interface closely with Machining and Supply Chain/Purchasing during execution of dimensional checks on CAM W-S produced parts, interplant parts and Purchased Finished parts. Ability to program CMM’s and a Romer Arm with Pcdmis 2011 mr1 CAD ++ is a plus.
Principle activities include:
1. Experience as CMM technician/operator for large, machined, high-precision parts.
2. Experienced in understanding translation of design intent to part drawing via GD&T and then translation from drawing to CMM technology to create a closed-loop process control system.
3. Proficient in speaking GD&T, specifically ASME Y14.5M and proper interpretation and appropriate evaluation to part and application. This will often include education of others where GD&T application is subjective and creates manufacturability opportunities.
4. Help determine and maintain processing needs to assure fixtures, tooling and methods are provided to meet schedules
5. Able to set up parts on modular fixturing and document the procedures for these set ups
6. Maintain priorities and schedules for the sequence of jobs.
7. Ability to work overtime or any shift as needed
8. Work to maintain safe working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency
9. Monitor and improve safety; eliminate any unsafe operations and ensure a safe and clean work environment.
Adheres to established standards, policies and practices relating to quality, cost reduction, safety, ergonomics, affirmative action, etc. in performing assigned duties.
Requires thorough knowledge of CMM operations, equipment and processes, machining operations, plus familiarity with materials and quality objectives. Good human relations skills are required to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the department. Prior experience in machining operations for heavy-duty industry applications is desirable. Desired experience in measurement uncertainty analysis, Gage R&R, Gage Design, and MSA.
This Job Description is intended as a general guide to job duties for this position and is intended for the purpose of establishing the specific salary grade. It is expressly not intended to be a comprehensive list of “essential job functions” as that term is defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
CNC Turning Technician
Company: Petree & Stoudt Associates, Inc.
Location: High Point Available: Immediately
Job Type: Temporary Temp to Hire
CNC turning technician.
Program, set-up and operate CNC Turning Centers.
CAD/CAM experience, milling experience a plus.
Minimum 5 years machine shop experience.
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
5 hours ago