Thursday, February 21, 2013

JWH: I hate writing my life story over and over

Job Hunt Woes Everytime I apply for job, I'm left with this drained, sick feeling. I end up in a very bad mood. I can understand why companies want to know so much about their applicats, but something should be done about the length of these things. Even with easy access to the internet to look up old employer's addresses, etc, this last application took THREE HOURS, and it wasn't even especially sadistic. No idiotic "Have you ever stolen" questions. But this line got me. Right before you can sign and submit, it says: "I have read and understand the above and have had the opportunity to ask questions, which, if asked, were satisfactorily answered." What idiocy! There was no asking! There was no opportunity to be had!

No comments:

Post a Comment