Monday, November 29, 2010

at the library...

When I am waiting not-so-patiently for an internet computer, I have a few non-fiction books I pick out of the shelves, but haven't yet checked out, to pass the time. I may later, but for now they are a convenient source of....er, something to do. I read in one, then place it on the reshelving cart, and later pick up another one, sometimes all four in one day!

Currently my little stack includes:

The Great Smokies: From Natural Habitat to National Park by Daniel S. Pierce
North Carolina Rivers by John Hairr
The Moravian Community in Colonial North Carolina by Daniel B. Thorp
Discoverers: An Encyclopedia of Explorers and Exploration, ed. Helen Delpar

Of these four, I am the most impressed with 'The Great Smokies' which is suprisingly scholarly and a study in environmental science and natural history. I consider all four of these well worth my time reading, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment