Friday, April 12, 2013

Recipe: Fish Pie

I am going to be posting a few recipes, some I have made up myself, some from books, some I've tried with success but written by others. Next I'll post my Quick $7 Mac-n-Cheese, my Easy Supposedly Indian Soup and tried and true broccoli cornbread.

Fish Pie:
1 pound preffered fish
1 pint oysters
2 tablespoons capers
Sprig of thyme
3 Sprigs of parsley
1/4 pound butter
1 tablespoon vinegar
3/4 cup arichoke bottoms
1/2 pound mushrooms
4 hard-boiled eggs
1 1/2 cups mutton gravy
Salt and pepper
Pastry

Fillet of sole makes a delicious pie. It should be poached in court bullion for eight miinutes and then cut in strips. Add to it the oysters, which have been set on the fire to simmer until the edges curl. [Add] the capers, thyme, parsley, artichoke bottoms, eggs cut in eighths, mushrooms which have been sliced and cooked gently for ten minutes, salt and pepper. Add the vinegar to the gravy and moisten the fish mixture with it. Line a deep dish with pastry and dot with half the butter. Fill with the mixture and add remaining butter. Cover with a top crust of puff paste and bake until a golden brown.

1 comment:

  1. idea: The Paleo Solution: The Original Human Diet - by Robb Wolf

    ReplyDelete