Thursday, August 26, 2010

classic radio book adaptations

I just saw this post, and if I had Internet access I'd really enjoy this I think. I really think people should attempt to simplify their lives. I've really enjoyed news over radio, NPR, BBC, etc, and considered it a much better way of getting my news versus any television news.

http://voyagesextraordinaires.blogspot.com/2010/08/orson-welles-around-world-in-80-days.html

http://www.mercurytheatre.info/

If I had my technological ducks all in a row, I'd really enjoy listening to some of these old radio adaptations while in the car. (haha, I just had this mental image of crazed mechanical cyborg ducks on a rampage...haha...I watch too much scifi sometimes)

Oh, speaking of scifi, I just finished "Star Trek: Myriad Universes: Echos and Refractions" I have comments. I loved the first two novellas, but I am increasing displeased by the third. The author of the third seems not to understand his Trek characterization, and above all that bugs me. Otherwise, his story seems pretty good. However, I don't know if I will read the ending (it's that lousy) so I'm not sure I am appropriate to judge the story. I have been a fan of KRAD for years, ever since Diplomatic Implausibility and Demons of Air and Darkness. Geoff Trowbridge is an author I'd not read before, but I am going to be avid about looking for new works by him. The author I didn't like I will consciencously look for and avoid.
Overall though I'd highly recommend this book, because 2 out of 3 were a VERY good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment