Sunday, February 7, 2010

attn: tabletop gamers

http://www.foxtrot.com/2010/02/02072010/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Foxtrotcom+%28FoxTrot.com%29

Chess mixed with D&D.
An idea I've thought about from time to time, although not to this extent.

But Chess would have a lot more peril (and cost) if every attack could potentially result in the attacker losing the foray.
I am reminded of Edgar Rice Burrough's Chessmen of Mars, and the swordplay and bloodsport version of chess, which gave each gladiator-like contestant in a "chess" move a personal life-or-death stake in the move.

I also think quite strongly about my "house rules": that a king can, at whim, "trample" and discard and pawns in his escape route, as needed. Makes game logic to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment