Saturday, May 14, 2011

"Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus!"

In The Venute Bros, an American animated television program (part of Cartoon Network's "Adult Swim")I learned about yesterday. Generally, I don't much like it for some esoteric reason I can't rightly explain, but I did however enjoy The Tick and Darkwing Duck back in the day. Then again, it's easy to give in to nostalgia and related fallacies. But then again, it is more, because I delight in Pixar's innocence but cringe at Shrek's base storytelling. Can I explain it? No. But for me it is very real.

It appears to have intentionally sub par animation, reminding me of Beevis and Butthead of yesteryear.

Henchman #21 screams "Semper fidelis tyrannosaurus!" ("Always faithful terrible lizard!") as he is dragged out of Dr. Killinger's room. As Killinger notes, #21 meant to say "Sic semper tyrannis" ("thus always to tyrants"), a phrase used by the murderers of the Roman dictator Julius Caesar in the 1599 William Shakespeare play of the same name as well as by John Wilkes Booth during the assassination of Abraham Lincoln.[24]


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Know_Why_the_Caged_Bird_Kills





and, wow, I gotta finish watching this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdXtLigz2pU

No comments:

Post a Comment